Leadership Fellows Application
Each candidate must submit an application and two nominations. Candidates must be sponsored by their employers, who enable them to make the time commitment the program requires, and provide financial support. The selection committee creates a diverse class that is balanced in terms of profession, interests, gender, race and ethnicity, and geography.
The deadline for the 2014 Class is Friday, April 12, 2013. The announcement of the new class will be made in July.
Who is a good candidate?
LGC seeks applicants who have demonstrated leadership ability and commitment in their careers and in civic and community affairs. Most are between 28 and 42 years of age.
The Leadership Greater Chicago Board of Directors will select approximately 35 leaders from the metropolitan Chicago area to be part of our 28th Class of Leadership Fellows. All applicants must apply online.
Apply online »
The application form, which must be completed by the candidate, consists of the following:
- Personal background information about the candidate;
- A series of questions on the candidate’s employment history, professional and civic involvement;
- Observations regarding leadership and community challenges facing Greater Chicago;
- A general description of candidate qualifications; and
- A listing of program requirements including costs, meeting obligations and attendance policy.
- View a sample of the application form.
All candidates are required to be nominated by their employer or other interested party. The nomination must also be seconded.